Monday, March 17

The weekend that Russell's childhood ended

BECAUSE CHILDCARE BECKONS THE NEXT DAY! *cue evil laughter*

But quite frankly, I think I am more upset than him. I don't think he knows what he is in for but the thought of him being all on his own in class with no familiar faces around just kills me. I keep telling myself it will be good for him. Dude needs to hang out with fellow munckins. 


It's a good thing though that we managed to spend quality time together over the weekend. Quality time usually means I  am in bed by 10pm, with my limbs crying out for a massage. But it is ALWAYS worth it. Mondays are usually kinder than the average day, thanks to the slipover goodness from the weekend.


I treated my parents to lunch at 海底捞火锅 Hai Di Lao Hot Pot at Clarke Quay as it was uber sweet of them to take the munckin for childcare orientation the week before. Food was good and service was excellent; I was kinda frustratd with the iPad ordering system but the female server was incredibly patient and thoughtful. 


Thankfully, I made a lunch reservation and we didn't have to put up with the horrendous queue - though I wouldn't mind a complimentary manicure service. By the way, these deep-fried pumpkin mochi cakes were da bomb. 


It was a pretty much last-minute decision to have ice cream at Ice Cream Chefs. Repeat that sentence 10 times and you have a limerick. 


We shared a cup of Horlicks (his choice) and Creme Brûlée (my choice). Safe options because we are parents and we don't mess around with ice cream flavours. 


This is the best part of the ice cream ... Grandma would approve


We checked out the new cocktail bar Anti:dote at Fairmont Singapore on Saturday. It was really relaxing though none of us had cocktails; I had a vanilla bourbon tea and the munckin swiped my accompanying cookie before I even laid eyes on it. 


The server was really prompt and brought us a more cookies. We had a good time hiding the cookies from Russell. 


I am not a health freak, vegan, gluten-free, macrobiotic-diet mum but I do try not to give my kid processed sweets for good reason. 

No comments: