Monday, August 11

Ah Chiang's Porridge, 190 Lorong 6 Toa Payoh


Work has taken my team and I to Toa Payoh Central, where we are almost guaranteed of good food - or least a novelty to what we were getting at the Bras Basah area. I can't say we have been terribly adventurous as lunches are more snap and go, depending on where we can get seats within the densely populated area.

My heart skipped a beat when I chanced upon Ah Chiang's Porridge but I was rather shocked by how the disappointment that awaited me. The mixed pork porridge was dreadfully tasteless - as you can see I had to liberally add red cut chill and light soya sauce to get through the entire bowl; and at $3.50 a bowl, ingredients were rather scanty too.

Second time round, I got the fish belly and minced pork porridge. While there was adequate chunks of fresh fish and belly, the lacklustre porridge made me worry about the amount of sodium I was inhaling with every dab and drizzle.

To file this under, I Don't Get The Hype.

No comments: