Friday, August 29

Eats from Teck Ghee Square Food Centre

Compared to my first pregnancy, I certainly have a 'Must Try' list these days and Eng Ho Fried Hokkien Prawn Mee (#01-34) was certainly among the top three.


Am I the only one who thinks Fried Hokkien Prawn Mee is best taken away and left to simmer in its heavenly lard-and-prawn-stock connection before one tucks into it? Might not make for a great photo but its flavours are just so much more intense.

Anyway! Two things about Eng Ho Fried Hokkien Prawn Mee stood out for me - firstly, the use of thick bee hoon and yellow noodles which makes for a great textural contrast, and secondly, when it comes to fried noodles, I definitely like mine on the dry side. I was lucky enough to wait less than 10 minutes for my takeaway order and having tried it, I would be willing to wait up to twice as long for this delicious pack of sin.


While waiting, I got half a dozen chicken wings from Chong Pang Chicken Wing Spring Chicken (#01-31). They are more of KW's thing than mine but a crowd-pleaser nonetheless.


Nearby, there was a coffee shop and a nondescript store that offers a surprisingly good rojak. 

No comments: