Monday, June 8

More from Chalk Farm, Paragon

Chalk Farm usually doesn't disappoint but some of their recent offerings have resulted in misadventures. 


I was surprised by the Pandan Cake with Red Beans. Well, more shocked than surprised. It was dry in a unpleasantly dense manner and the tasteless cream did nothing to salvage the cake. A softer sponge and heavier handfuls of azuki beans would easily redeem this sorrowful cake.


Like its name - Black & Gold Sesame Cake, this is a rather polarizing cake. You either love it or you don't. It kind of grows on you but doesn't. I think most of us can't really decide if it's worth the mind games - I probably won't get it again.



Kueh Salat, my mum's choice, was a pleasing slice that would gain any Nonya's eyebrow-raise of approval. I'm not surprised it was the first to be wiped clean.



I decided to go with something tasted and tested - Macadamia Nut & Salted Caramel - and wasn't disappointed at all. Not at all, my friends. Soft spongy cake with a deep musky flavour, layered with salted caramel buttercream that practically rolls off your tongue.

No comments: