Monday, August 17

Epicurean Market 2015

I have read and heard mixed reviews about Epicurean Market, so I wasn't expecting to be wowed. Truth is most celebrity chefs in Singapore don't bring their A-game to Singapore anyway. KW and I didn't have much expectations - I think we treated it as a rare time-out from the kids. As such, we both had a really good time as evidenced by lighter pockets and tighter waistlines. 

ADRIFT BY DAVID MEYERS

Probably my favourite store as the food was good and prices weren't exorbitant. 


King Crab Melt 

Oh man, KW brought this for me when I was queuing up for Waku Ghin. I was so freakin' hungry, I wolfed it down in 3 bites. Yes, that was me, shoving this toastie into my face. No regrets. 


Pineapple Tamarind Glazed Pork Ribs 

Lip-smacking and finger-lickin' good, get your napkins ready. 


Black Sesame Custard

Tasted pretty darn close to an ice cream but it is an ice cream that didn't melt as we tucked into the savouries. Also served as a palate cleanser.  


Laksa Popcorn

Yeah, thankfully they didn't slap on a SG50 logo. Pretty interesting and authentic but get this to share, I doubt one or two people can finish this on their own. 

WAKU GHIN BY TETSUYA WAKUDA

Like many, Waku Ghin was admittedly the store I was gunning for because no way in hell am I going to spend $600 onwards on a meal there. Sorry to say but the two dishes we had were the most underwhelming of the lot we tried.


Marinated Botan Shrimp with sea urchin and oscietra caviar

Hmm yeah ok. That's about it. Moving on.


Slow Cooked Short Rib

Super duper tender but that was about it. The potato puree was baby-lotion smooth but bland without the sauce. 

CUT & SPAGO BY WOLFGANG PUCK


Crabcake

I could have more of this close-to-filler-free crabcake but at $15 a pop, satiation sure comes at a price.


Tuna Tartare

Fresh and flavourful tartare hugged within a crisp sesame-speckled cone. Delightful!


Truffle Anglotti 

Kind of like mac & cheese but with charred sweet corn. 

OSTERIA MOZZA BY NANCY SILVERTON


Squid Ink Chitarra Freddi with sea urchin, fresh crabmeat and jalapeño pesto

If you need something filling, try this. It is refreshingly satisfying, yet the afterbite tingles with some heat from the jalepeno. 

BREAD STREET KITCHEN BY GORDON RAMSAY


Roasted Pork Belly Sliders

Though the skin wasn't crackling, it was pretty good! I like how they didn't just use any ol' bun. 


Shredded Beef Brisket with Pickled Onions and Crackers

This was pretty good too though if you have limited stomach space, don't worry about skipping this.

RISE & SWEET SPOT (MARINA BAY SANDS)




After all we had, I just needed a drink but that led to a gloriously smooth coffee gelato, a couple of mini pastries and lovely mint cream-topped waffle. Yeah, would have been nice if I could be wheeled out of MBS.

No comments: