Wednesday, October 7

A long-awaited cookout in October

After months, our cookout returned with a bang - this usually happens after months of hiatus as everyone seems to put in their 120%. It is nice having people over, and more so, because it helps our very shy Firstborn warm up to people. Yes, it was a relief to not have him burst into tears when our friends coo over him. 



Homemade Baba Ganoush - recipe up soon


Zhu's crab, corn, cherry tomatoes and avocado salad


Esther's Sayur Lodeh and Ayam Buah Keluak 


My version of "Pok Pok" chicken


Another of Esther's contribution - Pear tart


Complete with vanilla ice cream


More sweets for my sweets


It's quite funny how my threenager kept telling me, "Mama, tomorrow, my friends are coming over... I bought a cake for them." 

No comments: